Saturday, August 25, 2007

Consistency

Recently, I just pondered upon the fact that our walk with God can sometimes be one turbulent affair.. Sometimes, we can be so on fire for God, then at other times, we can get tired and don't feel like worshipping God.. But God is merciful and His grace is sufficient for us to seek His forgiveness... and we can get back to His presence once again..

My question during this time is: How can we stay consistent, and constantly on fire for God.. to hunger for Him, to know Him more and more, to want to experience Him everyday of our lives, so much so that we can't live a day without Him...??

The answer came to light as I was having a chat with Pastor Mark before he left for Haggai Institute on a leadership training program.. He says to surround ourselves with excited people all out to seek God.. His youths were what kept him and Aye Lan going.. And from there, i understood the point he's making..

I have learnt that before, but somehow discouragement sets in from time to time and I have to constantly remind myself to stay focused on God.. Then i realised i have been trying to do it on my own.. To a certain extent, I am able to control my thoughts to put a godly perspective to negative situations and circumstances in my life.. but i guess in the long run.. i might burn out.. So to keep myself always pumped up.. I have to surround myself with excited godly people who are on fire for God.. and wants to see more of God in their lives...

Excitement feeds on excitement... Enthusiasm feeds on enthusiasm... and i know that the most important step right now is to commit my ways to Him, and then work on improving myself one step at a time.. to make it a habit to guard my heart and my thoughts by focusing on the positive.. to dwell on the holy, the noble things of God.. (Phil 4:8).. and i know that by doing so, i can bring excitement to the cell group.. and from there they get fed by this enthusiasm.. and we keep one another motivated to run the race for Him!

i truly desire to see the Great Commission fulfilled.. the salvation of more people.. that i can serve alongside more disciples for His Kingdom.. that we are strengthened in the knowledge of the Word of God.. and filled with His Holy Spirit.. that we live an abundant life in Christ Jesus!

So thank You O God for this renewal of heart.. may this body of mine be used for the glorification of Your Name.. as I devote my life to stay consistent and be hungry to seek You everyday.. that You grant me strength so that I can soar on wings like an eagle.. and most important of all, that more people can experience Your great love for them.. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment