Friday, March 17, 2006

Using Humor Effectively

I am thinking.. how to have a good sense of humour amid all the stresses and pressures of life? Watch more Stephen Chow movies? Act stupid? haha..:P After much google-ing and wiki-ing, came across this article "Using Humor Effectively" by Bo-Bennett.

This is most interesting -> People have different senses of humor; that is why not all people find all the same comedians funny. This is also why some people (such as myself) just about lose control of bodily functions when watching movies like The Naked Gun, while others just roll their eyes. Despite these differences, humor is recognised and the effects of humor remain.

Here are some different kinds of humor that you can use. You may find that you are better at delivering some kinds of humor than others. If you have a natural talent at one kind of humor, work on developing it. You may find a good backup career. (chuckle chuckle.. hehehe:P)

Then there's this list of humor -> the joke, the funny story, the impersonation, physical comedy, what ifs... and my favourite: Slapstick Comedy! hehehe... Example of slapstick = Leslie Nielsen acting as detective Frank in the Naked Gun, when he was searching for clues in an office, open a drawer and shouts 'Bingo' then pulls out a Bingo game card. Slapstick is also known as excessive silliness, but I admire slapstick for its inherent genius..

Which reminds me.. maybe it's time to chill out and watch the Pink Panther and laugh myself silly.. hahaha..:P I think my dear will appreciate cos she is just as comical as me, right dear? And she loves Stephen Chow movies.. now that's something common between us, maybe that's why I love her so much.. haha! We laugh ourselves silly over little things. If she is reading it, she's properly laughing her head off now.. (dunno how to explain.. but it's just so funny imagining it hehehehe..:P)

No comments:

Post a Comment